Associate Dean for International Initiatives [2010 – Present]
University of Bridgeport
Leads the University efforts in international program cooperation, development and research and scholarly activities. Building academic bridges and MOU’s with many international universities and organizations. Represents the University in many international academic and administrative conferences and programs. Works with scholarship students attending academic and research programs in UB.
Director of Systems and Engineering Laboratories [1998 – Present]
University of Bridgeport.
- Provides assistance to faculty, staff and students in areas of teaching, research, application software support, Internet tools, operating systems support and general user support. The combined user base at any given time is over 1,000 users including faculty, students and staff.
- Works with industry and corporations to acquire academic grants, gifts, discounts, software, and hardware for the Engineering labs.
- Provides inter-disciplinary academic and laboratory support for five departments: computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering and technology management. In addition, providing academic cooperation with other schools such as school of arts and science and the school of design.
- Systems administrator for Windows / Solaris / Linux servers and computer laborites.
- Provides technical support, both in hardware and software for networked computers including PC’s, MAC’s and SUN SPARC workstations. Primary operating systems are UNIX, Linux, Windows and MACoS.
- Manages web servers for the School of Engineering Home Page:http://www.bridgeport.edu/academics/schools-colleges/school-engineering/).
- Managing and troubleshooting Internet connectivity.
- DBA for Oracle and MS-SQL servers used for academic / teaching / research purposes.
- Manage the following academic laboratories:
General Computer Laboratory (Five labs of 250 Computers)
Mobile and Wireless Communications Laboratory
Digital Design Laboratory
Electrical Engineering Computer Laboratory
Microprocessor /Embedded Systems Laboratory
The Interdisciplinary Robotics, Intelligent Sensing, and Control (RISC) Laboratory
Circuits I & II Laboratory and Electronics Laboratory
Multimedia Research Lab
- Install, configure and manage engineering software for academic / teaching / research purposes. A sample of software applications include:
Max + plus II 10.2 Baseline from Altera, ANSYS, FlowLab, OrCAD from Cadence, Star-CCM+ / Desing / Adapco from CD-Adapco, Delmia, Lingo, Matlab and Matlab tool boxes, many Mentor Graphics applications, Visual Studio from Microsoft, MSC software applications, Labview from Nation Instruments Corporation, ETAP, OPNET IT Guru and Modulator, Oracle, Palisade StatTools and RISK, ProEngineer from PTC, Rockwell Software, Synopsys, and many other applications.
Computer Laboratory Manager [1996 – 1998]
University of Bridgeport
Managed all the computing laboratories in the department of computer science and engineering. Provided support to faculty and students in the research and teaching laboratories.
El-Andalus Corporation [July 1993]
Corporation in Amman of Jordan
Worked in computer assembly and maintenance, telephone system installation and photocopier maintenance as part of training required to get the B.S. degree in computer engineering at Yarmouk University.
Lab Engineer [August 1992 – July 1993]
Job position usually offered to top students at Hijjawi School of engineering, Yarmouk University. The assignment was in four different laboratories over four semesters.